Olubadan Coronation: All markets To Be Shut ; OYRTMA Issues Traffic Orders: Read Details
As the coronation of the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Chief Lekan Balogun, Ali Okunmade II, takes place today, the Babaloja General of Oyo State, Yekini Abass, yesterday, announced the closure of all markets in Ibadan metropolis.
Abass, in a statement, said the decision was in honour of the new Olubadan, who will be ascending the throne of his forefathers.
He said the action was to also avoid traffic congestion and honour the new first class monarch that will be installed
Meanwhile The Executive Chairman of OYRTMA, Mogaji (Ambassador) Akin Fagbemi has issued Traffic Advisory ahead of Friday 11th March, 2022 which has be scheduled for Olubadan coronotion.
The statement reads:
“This is to inform the general public of traffic diversions at the under-listed routes leading to the ancient Mapo Hall, Ibadan occasioned by the official installation of the 42nd Paramount Ruler and King of Ibadanland, His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Sen.) Lekan Balogun on Friday 11th March 2022.
The routes which shall be shut by 12:00am of Thursday 10th March 2022 and reopened 12:00pm on Saturday 12th March 2022 include:
1.Beere Junction inward Mapo Hall
2. Born Photo Junction inwards Oja’ba
3. Idi-Arere Junction Inwards Oja’ba
4. Itamerin Junction inwards Mapo Hall.
“While OYRTMA Men and Officers in conjunction with other sister security agencies have been adequately mobilized to direct the flow of traffic and ensure the safety of road users, the Authority has however provided the following alternative routes to vehicles intending to ply the barricaded regions;
1. Alternative route to the barricade at Beere Junction are Oranyan route, Beere-Oke Dada Route and Agben- Ogunpa route.
2. Alternative route to barricade at Born-Photos are Gege route inward Oke-Ado and Idi-Arere Route inward Molete.
3. Alternative route to the Idi-Arere blockade are Agbongbon-Kobomoje-Eleta-Oranyan routes.
4. Alternative route to the Itamerin barricade are Beere-Oje route, Agbeni-Okunpa route
We regret the inconveniences these temporary road diversions might cause motorists and commuters around the affected routes and we implore all to adhere strictly to the provisions above and cooperate with our Men and Officers to ensure a rancor free occasion.”