TWO YEARS OF GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN OFFICE OF HON. ABASS A. ADIGUN (AGBOWORIN), FEDERAL LAWMAKER REPRESENTING IBADAN NORTH-EAST/SOUTH-EAST FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY
Hon. Abass A. Adigun Agboworin (The man of equality and justice), having being chosen by the good people of Ibadan North-East and Ibadan South-East Federal Constituency on the “Inimitable Agenda” in 2019 to the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, made a covenant with the people to give them effective representation and make their welfare his cardinal goal.
Hon. Abass A. Adigun got the mandate to represent, speak, move, sponsor, amend bills and motions which will have a positive effect on the masses, facilitate projects and reposition the constituency. I wonder why he’s always working round-the-clock just to deliver the good and make more efforts not to betray the trust vested in him by the good people of Ibadan North-East/South-East Federal Constituency.
Hon. Abass Adigun (Agboworin) was sworn in at the Green Chambers alongside 359 others who are equally representing the constitutionally recognized Federal constituencies of the Nation.
He has been able to walk the talk, fulfilling an appreciable percentage of his electoral promises of 6-point agenda, within the first 2 years in the Green Chamber of the National Assembly.
He based his electoral campaign promises on Six(6) major key points that he believes can contribute to develop the lives and prosperity of the people in his constituency.
They are as follows:
– Make new laws, amend the old laws and move the motions that will impact positively his constituency, our dear state, Oyo and Nigeria at large.
– Job opportunities to reduce the unemployment rate in his constituency.
– Security of lives and properties.
– Improve and contribute towards quality education.
– Welfarism and infrastructural development programmes.
– Empowerment for the youths, women, widows, market men and women as well as artisans.
He was able to record meaningful successes despite a year – long coronavirus outbreak.
MOTIONS/AMENDMENT OF BILLS/BILLS SPONSORED*
1. NATIONAL CENTRE FOR STROKE MANAGEMENT (Establishment) BILL, 2021 (HB.1302) – Passed Second Reading.
2. NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS ACT (AMENDMENT) BILL, 2021 (HB. 1305)- Passed First Reading.
3. NIGERIAN MINERALS AND MINING ACT (AMENDMENT) BILL 2021 – Passed First Reading.
4. Corporate Social Responsibility Bill 2021 (Establishment Bill) – Passed First Reading.
1. A MOTION ON THE NEED TO PRIORITIZE THE WELFARE OF SECURITY AGENCIES
FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE. (Motion moved and prayers adopted).
2. A MOTION ON THE NEED TO ADDRESS THE LACK OF SYNERGY AND UNHEALTHY RIVALRY AMONG SECURITY AGENCIES IN NIGERIA. (Motion moved and prayers
3. MOTION ON THE NEED TO MAKE ADEQUATE PLANS AND PREPARATION FOR A
POST-OIL ECONOMY IN NIGERIA (Motion moved and prayers adopted).
4. A MOTION ON THE DEVASTATING FIRE DISASTER AT ORITA APERIN MARKET
IBADAN AND ONIPEPEYE BRIDGE ALONG LAGOS – IBADAN EXPRESSWAY
(Motion moved and prayers adopted).
5. AN AMENDMENT MADE TO PRAYER (III) OF THE MOTION ON THE NEED TO FOR
IDENTIFICATION AND REMOVAL OF SHIPWRECKS WITH HAZARDOUS
SUBSTANCES IN NIGERIA COASTAL ENVIRONMENT IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE
ECOSYSTEM STAKEHOLDERS BE INSERTED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE WORDS
“ECOLOGICAL FUND OFFICE” (The Amendment was agreed to).
6. AN AMENDMENT TO PRAYER (IV) OF THE MOTION ON THE NEED TO SET UP N15 BILLION CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY FUND FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES
AND TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS WHERE IN THE PROPOSED THAT URGE THE FEDERAL AND STATE GOVERNMENT TO SET UP TESTING CENTRES IN NIGER INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA UPON THEIR RESUMPTION. (The Amendment was agreed to).
7. A MOTION ON THE NEED TO ENFORCE THE USAGE OF PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES ON HIGHWAYS IN NIGERIA.
MOTIONS SUBMITTED TO COMMITTEE ON RULES AND BUSINESS AND AWAITING LISTING
1. A MOTION ON THE URGENT NEED FOR THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE TO ADHERE STRICTLY TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EXECUTIVE ORDER ON THE EASE OF DOING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA.
2. A MOTION ON THE NEED FOR MINISTRIES AGENCIES AND PARASTATALS IN NIGERIA TO AFFORD WOMEN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY WITH THEIR MALE COUNTERPARTS IN THE EMPLOYMENT OF DRIVERS.
3. A MOTION ON THE NEED FOR THIS HONOURABLE HOUSE TO ANNUALLY
RECOGNISE AND HONOUR OUTSTANDING PUBLIC EMPLOYEES.
– Inauguration of 12 honourable members teams to review all abandoned communication projects in Nigeria since 1999.
– As a special guest of honor at the graduation ceremony of 66course cadets at Air Force Technology School in Kaduna State.
– As the Deputy Chairman, House of Representatives, Committee on Air Force, we paid a condolences visit to Sultan of Sokoto on the loss of two civilians during a conflict between the Airforce and some civilians who live close to the Air Force base.
– Rep Abass Adigun was one of two Honorable members from South West on the ten-man Special envoy of Nigeria and Japan Commission Committee, headed by Rt. Hon. Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila and other members of the House of Representatives who visited Japan to woo more investors and companies to provide job opportunities for youths(Skilled and Unskilled) and also graduates.
– Hon. Abass Adigun was a Special Guest of Honor at Air Force special forces and Backdoor Gunners Graduation at Air Force Base, Bauchi state.
– As the Deputy Chairman, Committee on Air Force, he and other members of the committee paid a condolence visit to Governor Zulum of Borno State on the attack on communities in Borno State.
– Hon. Abass Adigun on an oversight function to Naval Command in Lagos alongside other members of the House Committee on Navy, the programme lasted for two days.
– House Committee On Navy visited Headquarters of Western Naval command, Nigeria Navy Center, Nigerian Navy Training Center, Naval Dockyard Ltd and NNS Beecroft. During the oversight functions, he discovered there are many abandoned ships on the oceans and seas which led him to the amendment on a motion for Federal Government to remove all the wrecked ships on our ocean and shore coastal coat to reduce environment disease and disasters on our seaports which should involve the Nigeria Navy and other stakeholders to get it done.
– As a member of the House of Representatives Committee On Electoral Act, he suggested the reduction of political parties to between 2 and 5 political parties.
– He is the only Honorable member from the South West in Special envoy of Parliamentarians for Global Action (PGA). It is the world’s largest non-governmental group of parliamentarians, headed by Hon. Abdulrazak Namda – The Chairman of PGA in African and the Chairman of the House Committee on Nigeria Army.
– As a Vice-chairman of the House Committee on Air Force, he and other members of the House Committee on Defence visit Air Force Base in Benue, Kaduna And Gombe States.
– A day legislative retreat in Lagos for chairmen, members and clerks of security committees in the House of Representatives.
– 2 weeks visit to the United States, to inspect 12 Super-Tucano Aircraft made for Nigeria to improve security of lives and property of our people.
– Hon Abass A. Adigun (Agboworin) had shown commitment to better education in Ibadan North East/Ibadan South-East Federal Constituency.
He is the only Federal lawmaker in Oyo State who continues his free holiday coaching with free writing materials for senior secondary school students (SS2 & SS3) all year round for the two local governments in his constituency, Ibadan North-East and Ibadan South-East Local Government in Oyo State.
– He procured the last UTME forms for 200 students in 2020 and as a result of the lesson, we have over 30 students that scored more than 200 points in the exam, with the highest of 306 score mark, who is also one of the first ten in Oyo State.
– Distribution of scholarship forms to students of tertiary institutions which is going on at his Constituency office at Eleta Academy, Ibadan for indigenes students of Ibadan South-East/North East Federal Constituency until the Covid-19 infection prevention protocols forced a suspension of the programme.
-The scholarship is One Hundred Thousand (N100,000.00) per student, strictly for those that meet all the qualifications and the form is free.
– Sponsored over 100 students for the 2021 Jamb.
Security of lives and properties is a very essential role we have to play in our communities. The lawmaker has done the following in this regard:
– Visited all the six police stations in my constituency on the synergy to improve the security of lives and properties, welfare of our police officers for them to carry out their duties diligently in his constituency.
– Idi-Aro police station
– Agugu police station
– Felele Police station
-Testing Ground Police Station
– Mapo Police station
– Sanyo Police station
– He discussed with D.P.Os, D.C.Os on the motion he moved in the Green Chamber of the National Assembly on the welfare of Nigeria Armed forces.
During the discussion the task facing the security men, security of our community, society and environment which in his capacity he has been assisting them to improve security of lives and properties.
– Hon. Abass A. Adigun (Agboworin) also demonstrated his care and concern for the security of his people by erecting security gates into four different communities in his constituency. These include the Alake Academy Community, Kajola Irede Academy, Oni-Garri Junction Lagos-Ibadan Express way and Idi Odo Challenge beside UBA Bank Felele/ Olorunsogo community.
– Another 2 security gates at Odo-Osun in Ibadan North-East Local Government.
– Occasionally, he holds meetings with many boys within his constituency for peace to reign and he has started empowering them in their different fields of specialisations
– Distribution of 6 generators set to all Police stations in his constituency.
YOUTH, WOMEN EMPOWERMENT AND EMPLOYMENT
Youths as the bedrock of a prosperous and peaceful society and the need to empower them, Rep Abass Adigun (Agboworin) massively scouted for jobs for as many as possible. Some of the processes have reached an advanced stage while some have secured jobs at different sectors through the submission of the names and the details of youths and women of Ibadan North-East/Ibadan South-East federal constituency for federal and state government employment opportunities.
Hon. Abass Adigun (AGBOWORIN) organised agro mechanized Agric Business training and empowerment for over 120 youths and women of Ibadan North East/South East federal constituency which included theory and practicals.
They were training on Fishery, Farming and Poultry.
A 4-day training programme which included a trip to Ilaji Farms was organized as participants were taken through the basics of poultry, fishery and farming. Each participants was given #50,000 (Fifty Thousand Naira) to start up a business or establish themselves in their chosen agro-mechanized business.
During the Eid El Fitri festival, Lawmaker Abass A. Adigun (Agboworin) purchased chicken from one of the participants who had birds ready for sale during the festival period. On this, over 120 youths have learnt how to fish.
– Hon. Abass A. Adigun organized empowerment for over 50 women within Ibadan North-East/Ibadan South-East Federal Constituency , with more of the women empowerment schemes still coming.
– Sponsorship of some youths and women on trainings, empowerment and self sufficiency at different institutes majoring in Agric-business, vocational trainings like tailoring, soap making, small scale businesses, make-up artist, computer studies and sporting activities etc, not minding others he had recommended for jobs/admissions at various institutions which include securing jobs for two people from his constituency, one person from Ibadan South East while the other from Ibadan North East, One FCT and the other is enlisted in Nigeria Army.
– The trade school for six months schedule programme is underway as the training center to be used is ready and registration is ongoing now. The training will be on the following trade jobs: Tailoring, Barbing, Hair Dressing, Tiling and Computers and on graduating, basic equipment for all graduates will be provided to start the job.
– Enlisted 100 youths on the N-power program with 2 supervisors
– Enlistment of over 45 youths, men and women into the MSME grant which 250 beneficiaries have already received.
– Over 300 youths, men and women were enlisted into NDE Survival fund.
– 100 women from his constituency benefitted from the FG rural empowerment scheme.
– Grant to 50 youths to support their businesses.
– Cash Support Scheme through Agboworin foundation to 100 women.
– Donation of 1 million cash as palliative to support Araromi spare part market traders to support victims of Inferno.
– A mega empowerment of over 500 constituents with cash.
– Grant to market men and women, beneficiaries from markets like Oja Oba Market, Owode Market, Bashorun Market And Oranyan Market in Ibadan North-East LG and Ibadan South-East LG.
– Grant to disabled individuals and groups to support them in establishing the business of their choice.
– Distribution of over 35 motorcycles to constituents.
– Distribution of 85 sewing machines to his constituents.
– 100 grinding machines for youths and women.
– Over 180 hair dryers to youth and women of his constituency.
– GRANT TO OVER 150 COMMUNITY LEADERS, PARTY LEADERS AND STAKEHOLDERS.
1. FEMI OMODELE – NIGERIAN ARMY
2. IBRAHEEM PELUMI RIDWAN – NIGERIAN AIR FORCE
3. ALICE ADENNI ADENIYE – NIGERIAN AIR FORCE
4. OLODE OLALEKAN OLANIYI – FEDERAL CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT
*SHORTLISTED AIR FORCE CANDIDATES AFTER MEDICALS*
1. FATAI SODEEQ EMMANUEL
2. OYEDELE OMOLOYEKE CHRISTIANAH
3. DADA VICTOR TAIWO
4. AWOTUNDE TAIWO RHODA
– Hon. Abass Adigun received a letter from the Odinjo Community, Kobomoje Community and Muslim Community requesting for vidar pole and electric poles to replace old ones and to address the issue of electricity power supply in their communities. Hon. Abass Adigun provided all the needed materials and also took care of the bills for the installations.
Electricity power supply was restored to the communities within 48 hours of his Personal Assistant receiving the letter of request from the communities which consists of six communities.
– Repairs of transformers in communities under his constituency.
– Visit to IBEDC regional office on how to improve power supply in his constituency.
*MEET YOUR REPRESENTATIVES*
– Hon. Abass A. Adigun (Agboworin) organised the only and first ever town hall meeting with his constituency youth’s in fulfilment of one of electoral promises to often interact with the youths in a bid to update them about the job he was employed to do at the green chamber of the National Assembly which was done in collaboration with the (NYCN, National Youth Council of Nigeria) held at Mapo Hall for youths of Ibadan North-East/South-East federal constituency.
– Meeting and engaging stakeholders, elders, leader’s of different communities to address the issue facing various communities.
– Immediately he came back to Nigeria from Japan, he spent the weekend with youths, women, artisan’s, landlords, landladies, some party stalwarts, some party leaders to brief them on the experience and the way to bring companies, investors and development to our communities.
– Hon. Abass Adigun (AGBOWORIN) engaged with some youths who had picked playing football as a profession where football training materials like balls, jersey’s and bib’s of different colours, training cones and many more were given to encourage them.
– He also met a coaching association where conclusions were made on ways of improving our grassroots sporting activities.
– Some youth were also sponsored on a trial to different football teams and clubs to showcase their talents.
– Agboworin football club, the junior team represented Oyo State at Lagos State under 13 football competition and won the Gold Medal.
– Assisting families with cash in Ibadan North East and Ibadan South East on the treatment of their children who are future leaders.
– Distribution of health equipment to hospitals, maternity and health care centers in his constituency.
– Launching 2 mobile clinics for medical outreach to the people, market men and women of his constituency.
– Testing of over 250 constituents on malaria, diabetes and hypertension during the laughing of the 2 mobile clinics.
– He was given an award as a Special Guest of Honor at Air force special forces and Backdoor Gunners Graduation at Air force Base, Bauchi State by Air force chief Sadiq Abubakar.
– Hon. Abass Adigun (AGBOWORIN) received the 2019 Merit/Good Governance Award as an Outstanding Oyo State Member of the federal House of Representatives on the 24th December, 2019 at 2019 Miss Oyo State Program anchored by Major Isaac Brown.
– Hon. Abass Adigun (AGBOWORIN) received another award of Excellence in recognition and appreciation of his outstanding performance on education, security of lives and property, Welfarism of Indigent and community development services by Kajola Irede Youth Academy Ibadan.
– Emerge NUJ Media Friendly Representative Of The Year.
– Wins IPAC Most Outstanding Representatives Of The Year.
– Conferred an award as Most. Performing Federal Lawmaker.
– Received an award from the United States Of America as a good ambassador of the US Navy.
– Drainage system in communities under his constituency to stop the washing away of roads, felling of shops.
– Donation and commissioning of 50million worth project which includes classroom, toilets, staff rooms and I.C.T center in I.C.A.G.S
– Purchase of a pump machine for a borehole in some communities.
– Ongoing construction, developing one of the Oke-badan High School fields in Ibadan North East Local Government to an international standard to develop our grassroots sporting and social activities.
– Ongoing water Bore-Hole in ward 5, Ibadan North East Local Government.(Survey of the area was done and the drilling of borehole at sweetable vest point will commence soon.
– Donation of a generator set to the security post of the main entrance of the National Assembly as well as repairs of the Borehole and lights.
– Commission of a water borehole project at Alafara-beyereuka, Oje, Ibadan.
– Ongoing water borehole project at Oluyoro Hospital in ward 12 Ibadan North-East Local Government Area.
– He facilitated the building of housing facilities to improve the welfare of Airforce Officers in Ibadan Airforce Base, Akobo Ibadan.
– He facilitated the establishment of a new big and large Airforce Base in Ibadan to serve South western States In Nigeria.
Meanwhile, during the Coronavirus pandemic was rife in Nigeria, distribution and sensitization on the preventive measures with hand bills in Yoruba language and English language, hand gloves, nose covers, provided alcohol based hand sanitizers (as recommended by WHO) to constituents most especially those at the forefront like bike riders, transporters and market men and women in places like Livestock market, Molete, Sacked Sellers market in Oja Oba, Yam seller’s, Bere under in Ibadan South-East local Government and Oje Market, Bashorun Market both under Ibadan North East local Government.
The most vulnerable/less privileged were also supported with food palliatives.
He also contributed through the radio cash relief palliative for his constituency both on Fresh fm and Lagelu fm both stations under his constituency.
Having a lot on the table within 2 year, stating it clearly for constructive criticism, advice and further positive direction from constituents is a pointer to the fact that this is indeed a Representative of equality and justice to the people of Ibadan North-East/South-East federal constituency.
During the electoral process, he promised better education, security of lives and properties, job opportunities, welfarism and infrastructural development programmes, making new laws, amendment of old ones and he had begun to deliver on those promises.
Flashback, his first 365 days in office, he promise more projects include construction/ renovation of public toilets, classrooms, health programmes, drilling of borehole for communities, security gate, more infrastructural projects, more job opportunities for the graduate and unemployed youths and more empowerment for skilled and unskilled youth and women which he has been able to do.
He assured the good people of Ibadan North-East/South-East Federal Constituency, more infrastructural development which will be attracted to his constituency in coming months and years like borehole, transformer to improve power supply to communities and local government area and many more in pipeline.
Every single point on this scorecard illustrates that Federal Lawmaker Abass A. Adigun (Agboworin) is a Succour Giver who cares and is committed to the good people of Ibadan North-East/Ibadan South-East federal constituency.
It’s a FULFILLED parliamentary administration which is good, a greenlight to a better tomorrow of the remaining 2 years!
Aremu Ibraheem O.
Director of Communication and Media
10th June, 2021.