Agba Egbe, Sensitize Ibadan North Residents On Climate Change During Festive Season.Read Here
Agba Egbe, Sensitize Ibadan North Residents On Climate Change During Festive Season• To Avoid Fire And Other Man-Made Disasters
…..HARMATTAN SEASON IS FULLY HERE.
Harmattan season is fully here in the geographical territory of Oyo State, Ibadan North Local and also in many other states across Nigeria.
The Executive Chairman of ibadan north local government, hon. Yusuff Sahib Oladayo (Agba Egbe) had encouraged the residents of ibadan north local government to seek precautions on household and electrical appliances during the hamartan season to avoid fire disasters.
This was contained in a press release by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Bodija Akinwale, reads;
Dear residents of Ibadan North Local Government and Oyo state in general, the Dry Season and Harmattan are fully here with us, and as such, the tendency for fire out break is very high during this period of the year.
It is on this note that we implore all of us to be careful and be conscious of our safety in attention to this special season of the year to avoid stories that touch the base of the heart.
Observation has revealed that HARMATTAN HAZE (heavy amount of dust and cloudy atmosphere usually obstruct visibility during this season due to the blockage of the sun by Haze.
Also, Temperatures at early hours of the day (before noon) can be as low as 9 °C (48 °F). After noon, the temperature can also soar to as high as 30 °C (86 °F).
These above features are the major identifiers of Harmattan period in Nigeria.
Though, the Northern part of Nigeria is likely to be more affected by Harmattan due to their closeness to the Sahara Desert where the dry and dusty trade winds originate.
OFTEN TIMES, FIRE OUTBREAKS ARE CAUSED DURING HARMATTAN BY OR DUE TO:
* Wrong or faulty electrical wiring or connections.
* Faulty appliances such as generator, refrigerator, changeovers etc.
*Leakage of gas from the cylinder- the cooking gas, stove especially when using bunkering kerosene etc.
* Indiscriminate burning of waste bins and bushes.
*Untidy environment and home.
* Carelessness, negligence and I don’t care attitudes on fire safety precautions.
FIRE PRECAUTIONS FOR FIRE PREVENTION.
1. Ensure you have a handy fire extinguisher in your home, school, business premises, car, offices etc. And ensure you are trained on its usage.
2. Don’t store fuel and other flammables materials at home.
3. It is advisable you Keep your gas cylinder outdoors
4. When leaving the house, ensure that all electrical appliances are switched off from the socket.
5. Replace your gas cylinder and its components when the need arises.
6. Remove the fuse from the change over if possible.
7. Do not permit young children to light the stove or gas without an adult.
8. Be at alert and also be sensitive to smells this season.
If you notice any smell of gas in the kitchen, pls do not lit a match or switch on any forms of light to avoid explosion. Just carefully open the windows and doors for cross ventilation.
9. Install in your homes, companies premises etc. fire alarms and detectors.
10. Know the nearest fire station’s emergency phone lines, and don’t hesitate to call Fire Service ASAP in case of any unforeseen outbreak.
TAKE TO CAUTIOUS AND DON’T BE CARELESS BECAUSE FIRE HAS NO FRIEND.
Call the 615 Toll Free line for any emergency
S.A Media and Publicity, Office Of The Executive Chairman Ibadan North Local Government